Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon dSLR

Old Dec 30, 2005, 4:56 PM   #1

Hi all,

I'm looking at buying my first Dslr, and as I have lots of high speed SD cards that I would like to use, it narrows my choice down to this D50 or the Pentax ist DL

Both are very good from what I've read the Nikon edges it on picture quality.

Now, I have the chance to buy a Sigma 18-50mm F3.5-5.6 DC lens and a Sigma EF-500 DG ST flash gun both with Nikon fit, for very little money.

Does anybody know if these will workcorrectly on the D50? what's the quality like on this Sigma lens?

I can get all of the above for way less than half brand new price and they are only a few weeks old(member of family selling them)

This means I could buy the D50 body only but spend the money on a bigger/better zoom lens.

Any advice would be great

IanWgglswrth is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 1, 2006, 10:33 AM   #2

Sigma 18-50mm F3.5-5.6 DC works well with D50, but you probably want to upgrade to something better in the future.
However lens quality can be rated good when taking into account it's very low ~100$ price.

Sigma EF-500 DG ST flash gun works if it is the newest version, older version works too but without automation.
Look for the flash manual/package and see if there is NA-iTTL mentioned somewhere
if only NA-TTL is mentionded it is propably the older version and not worth buying.
Shred is offline   Reply With Quote