Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon dSLR

Old Jan 12, 2006, 4:17 PM   #1

I got a call early today from the Nikon Shop near me. They let me know that they had a new Nikon R1C1 macro flash system. Boy, this system has got everything a photographer needs. I do not know way they call it a macro system, because it is also a great system for doing portrait work as well. It came with the SU-800 Commander Unit, and two SB-R200 flashUnits, along with a host of other goodies. The commander unit will also trigger my two SB-800 units along with the two SB-R200 units. The system also comes with four filters and a diffuser, and adapter rings from 52mm to 77mm. The list go's on and on,as there is a-lot more with the system. All in all, I feel the $700.00 USD was well spent.

I think after this, and the Nikon 500mm f/4 I bought for wildlife photography,that my NAS has been taken care of for sometime to come now.

regandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 11, 2006, 10:51 PM   #2

Hi , I am a dentist and have the D200 and was thinking of getting either the sigma em 140 ringflash of the nikon you bought. DO you have any thoughts on its use for dental photograhy? WTP
wtparilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 2006, 9:44 PM   #3

How are you liking this flash system? I have been looking at it, but have seen no direct "review". Your experience with this would help those of us considering a ring flash. Both in the macro world and portraiture. It is a bit expensive to buy & try...
dcharding is offline   Reply With Quote