Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon dSLR

Old Feb 13, 2006, 6:53 AM   #1

I could do with a little help from the forum please.

I am about to buy a DSLR and after after owning Canon gear for most of my time in photography, A1, S40 etc, I automatically thought about a 20D which with a 17-40mm f4L and a 70-200mm f4L 580EX flash and a grip was about my budget limit.

I feel used to the Canon system but would a Nikon D200 be a better option although I am not too familiar with lenses similar to the Canon choice I need, and I have never owned anything from Nikon. I know either of these cameras are superb but at these prices I could do with a bit of back up in my choice.

By the way I could stretch my budget to my original choice, the 24-70mm f2.8L & the f2.8 in the 70-200mmL but a lot of the forum suggest they are both too heavy.

Most of the time I would be doing landscape and people, but occasionally I do rugby matches although not professionally so I should be able to get by without the extra stop, it would obviously be an advantage with it though. I find it difficult to get my choice spot on, there always seems to be a snag.

What do some of you experts think please?

Gypsyrico is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links