Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon dSLR

Old Feb 23, 2006, 1:53 AM   #1

Hello there dear followers. Here is my experience. I was wondering if i should get a dslr and i am a point and shoot guy. I don't carry a tripod with me or anything like that but i want to learn from dslr's.

I had the choise of getting a p200 or a d50 both are great cameras in my opinion, but the p200 is a Point and shoot so i decided to take in consideration your comments and i went for the dslr. Damn! what a nice camera i bought the lens kit (28-80MM F/3.3-5) so i don't have to spend extra for now.

Since i opened the box and learned how to install the lens (pretty easy) i felt in my hands a very well made camera. Then the moment of truth the first picture. I was really impressed of the camera response compared to my past cameras (s60, p43,w5,fz5) The picture quality is superb.

Now i'm starting to learn the manual focus and some manual settings that are quite handy in some situations. The noise i get with this camera is almost 0.

So i want to thank the guys and gals in the forum. They are people who know what they are talking about. My respect to you. Thanks for making easier my desition to enter the DSLR world.

So what do we learn from this my good people?

1) Listen to the advices here.

2) If you want to take better photos and you have some extra money don't think it twice get a DSLR.

3) D50 is a good camera for price / quality.

4) I'm a happy guy now who's trying to get better at photography.

Thnx for reading.
Dr Protos
drprotos is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links