Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon dSLR

Old Mar 3, 2006, 10:02 PM   #1

I've been using it myself and heard from somebodies else that D50 images have the following issues:

1. Colors too saturated, especially red-biased.

2. Not as sharp as D70, too smoothened.

3. Although noise is good, but seems to be a result of over-filtering the noise. Therefore the real pixel details might have been filtered away too.

But all the above seems NOT to be real technical limitations, but Nikon's artificial tuning of D50 to make the images more "pleasing" to the eyes, while not as "real" as D70.

So I am wondering if D50 can be tuned back (by customers optionally) back to the quality of D70???

Is there a thing called "color-profile" that can be uploaded onto D50? Or does it required a firmware hack?
big_potato is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 4, 2006, 8:16 AM   #2

There are many custom image options in the D50. You can adjust color, hue, saturation, and sharpness via menu options. Or, for better control, shoot raw and you'll have all the image data to work with allowing complete control over final results.
rjseeney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2006, 9:01 PM   #3

[align=left]I`ve been shooting in Raw for the past week or so.I find it much better in post pro.[/align]

[align=left]I find you have more control over the final result.I`ve been usingRawshooter ,you can batch process and its the best price,, free!!

tommysdad is offline   Reply With Quote