Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon dSLR

Old May 24, 2006, 10:00 PM   #21

I am a little late to this party. But I would like to throw in my 2 cents, anyway. I got a D50 factory demo from Cameta. I was a little apprehensive before receiving it. When I did receive, I looked it over pretty well. It appeared just like new. The only way I could tell it was not a new camera was from the box it came in. It said 'Nikon Reconditioned Product' on the outside. I have been very happy with the camera and Cameta, where I got it from. Until reading this thread I did not know how to find the number of actuations on the camera. After finding out how to get that number, it was the first thing I did. Going back to an earlier photo I found that my camera came with something less than 60. I guess some concrete evidence that it was indeed just like new.

Before buying from Cameta I was looking at the factory refurbs that Beach Camera had for sale. I think I read elsewhere in this forum that those are different cameras than factory demos. Just another option to save some money. The Beach refurbs come with a 90 day factory warranty. The Cameta factory demos come witha 90 day factory warranty and a 1 year Cameta warranty.

I went with the Cameta option and am happy with my camera!!!

Dadeo is offline   Reply With Quote