Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon dSLR

Old May 14, 2006, 3:57 PM   #1

I was about to purchase a new DSLR .However a usedNikon 70D as been offered to me along with an 18-70mm Nikon lense.My concern is this, reading the Nikon Forums I have been made aware of the problems many users are having with the D70.Camera dying all of the sudden ,problems with the shutter button.Should I stay away from the D70 or are these problems isolated cases.Also what would be a fair price for me to pay

Thanks Quartz
quartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 14, 2006, 5:24 PM   #2

I don't know about your other issues, but KEH -- one of the largest, if not the largest sellers of used photographic equipment -- lists used D70 bodies from $399.00 - $364.00 from "like new" to "excellent" condition. This does not include a memory card.
Check out eBay for closing auctions and do a google safari on used cameras. This will give you about the best idea of the current market that you can get.

granthagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2006, 5:28 PM   #3

I would be wary of buying a used D70. The BGLOD problem, was widespread enough to worry that a used one may suffer the same problem. Nikon does fix the problem for free, however warranties are not transferrable. Unless you got this for less than half price (under $500) or so, I would probably avoid it. Especially considering, you could get a D50 for around $500-$600.
rjseeney is offline   Reply With Quote