Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon dSLR

Old Jun 23, 2006, 9:41 AM   #21

I use RAW sometimes but I don't do a lot of post processing afterwards. In fact, I am not so good in playing with pictures in PC. Can someone take a same shot in JPEG and RAW and post them (After processing the RAW picture)? I know that on the web the difference wouldn't be much but, if you can upload them in the original sizes somewhere, it could be easier to download and even print and check.
Swedson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26, 2006, 10:01 AM   #22

tommysdad wrote:
I have found Rawshooter Essentials to be what I think the best RAW converter by far.

someone else thinks so too

tommysdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17, 2006, 2:07 PM   #23

I also shoot everything in RAW. A huge amount of my shots need no tweaking at all in the editor. I just click out of it and go straight to PhotoShop and do the auto adjustments like auto levels, color and contrast.

I shoot in RAW because I can't seem to adjust my D50 correctly to get the same sharpness as I got from my 880, which I dropped on asphalt and killed. I don't see the RAW feature as being overrated. It is absolutely essential for me since I usually use my photos as composites of designs.

This is the forum I wish I had known about right after I bought my camera. All of you are soooooo helpful and knowledgeable.
pearlyvictoria is offline   Reply With Quote