Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon dSLR

Old Jun 10, 2006, 6:06 PM   #1

Hi !

I am beginner andI took some photos.

Could you reply and say what I am doing wrong and how can I improve my photos.
Here is the link to photos.

I also have a question about Photoshop : How I can select the darkest part of photo(trees) without touchihg sky andlake at panarama photo because I what to increase brightness of this part.

thank you

Attached Images
alex90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 10, 2006, 7:55 PM   #2

to answer your question about the trees.. go to image>adjustments>shadow/highlights this will help lighten up the darks while stil keeping the lake and sky the same...

Log is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 2006, 12:30 AM   #3

Welcome to photography. I have been working on my photographic skills for close to 40 years and I feel that I still have a lot to learn. It's a process. Hopefully one that will give you years of enjoyment and satisfaction. Unfortunately, there is no quick road to success. My recomendation is for you to read everything you can get your hands on that pertains to the type of photography you are interested in, Landscape, wildlife, protrait, sports, etc. There are many talented photographers on Steve's forums that are very friendly and helpful. Also, Read your manuel front to back (boring, I know, but necessary to learn all the workings of your new best friend.) And last, but most importantly, shoot, shoot, shoot, and then shoot some more. To get you going there many good articles online that cover every aspect of photography you could want. Here is a link to one (not necessarily the best, but certainly helpful (at least I found it so) to help you get familar with your new camera and some basic settings to ensure you get some good exposures.

Good luck, and I look forward to seeing more of you pictures.

All the best,
smac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 2006, 1:20 AM   #4

Actually, I would keep the trees darker. There is no way to get all the trees' details back from that shot, so I'd keep it as a silhouette.

Be sure to checkout the pics from the "Post Your Photos" and don't hesitate to post your owe for critiques.

To post images directly, put the image's link on between "[IMG]" and "[/IMG]".

Here are a couple of sites for photog tips:

Good Luck!

rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12, 2006, 12:26 AM   #5

thank you, all for you comments and links

it is very helpful.

thank you again
alex90 is offline   Reply With Quote