Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon dSLR

Old Jun 21, 2006, 8:38 AM   #1

Hi all,

Just wanted to share a quick IMO regarding Hahnel's battery grip for the D70/D70s. I like it. I tried one of those mass produced ones readily available on ebay-the one some companies are branding and selling for more. I found that one to be very cheap and a poor fit with the camera. And I found the remote vertical relase to be annoying. The Hahnel grip is matched perfectly in colour in texture, the fit is very good and the build is far more confidence inspiring. It comes with two batteries, but I have not tried these yet. Two En-Elas last a long while.It also comes with an AA battery holder.

The Hahnel does not have a vertical release. In that sense it's more like the Nikon grip made for the N/F80. No, buying the Hahnel is about ergonomics and balace (especially with an SB flash attached), and I think it does the job quite nicely. A bit pricey though - came to $166 CDN from expansys.com - but again, it comes with batteries.

Ifyou're on the market for a gripfor your D70s,I highly recommend this one.
twmangrove is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links