Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon dSLR

Old Jul 8, 2006, 11:08 AM   #1

I just purchased a nikon D50 about a week ago and it had been working fine. Last night after shooting some pics I turned on the camera only to find that isnt working right. I brought it over a friends house and plugged it into his computer and it did not recognize the camera. I unplugged it from the computer and took the cable out. First even though I have my SD card in, the remaining picture number does not come up between the two parenthesis. Then I hit play and nothing comes up. Then I hit menu and nothing comes up on the screen. On the top screen the battery icon was flashing. I took the battery out (which was fully charged right before I shot the picutres) and put it back in. Still no picture number and no pictures coming up. I then took of the lens cap and tried to take pictures. It did nothing, the battery icon was still flashing. When I look through the view finder there is a square icon with a line through it and a triangle flashing. I then took the memory card(SD Extreme III 1 GB) out and put it back in. Still nothing, no pictures , no menu, nothing. So I came home and charged the battery last night. I woke up this morning and put the fully charged battery in still nothing is working. I took out the memory card and put that alone in the SD card reading slot and nothing happens. Is there anything I can do ......is it my memory card that got damaged...or is there a malfunction on the camera ?
TheMadGooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 8, 2006, 9:45 PM   #2

90% sure your SD card or the D50's SD slot problem.

Especially with the flashing |/\| icon on the viewfinder.

Try another SD, or buy a < US$10 USB SD reader to verify the problem. You will eventually need such convenient reader instead of connecting the D50 directly to the PC, even if not for this problem.

big_potato is offline   Reply With Quote