Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon dSLR

Old Aug 3, 2006, 9:14 PM   #11

why is that weird... hes sharing his life with us and sharing his success through something very hard to break...

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"-Logan

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"PS i applaud you DBBfor the power strength and courage to make it through.
Log is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4, 2006, 6:54 AM   #12

then i guess i need to take some english classes again
chris89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5, 2006, 11:02 AM   #13

Hi, guess I'll put a little something here. I'm an almost 49 year old gal from Texas. I used to do oil painting, but am now "into" photography, like everyone else here. I started in 2000 with an Olympus P&S (can't remember what kind) which I sold to my sister so I could upgrade to the Oly C2100 UZ. Still love that camera! Then last Christmas I bought a Sony DSC-H1, which was ok, but still not the DSLR which I really craved.

Finally talked my hubby into a photography class with me, and that convinced him that I really needed to go DSLR. So I sold the Sony, and got the D50. I'm slowly learning the camera and lenses, and bought the SB800. I promised I wouldn't get any more lenses until I mastered what I have. May be a while before I can get any more.

Anyway, I live on the gulf coast, which means every year from June 1 - November 30, we're on hurricane watch. I work for the County Judge, which also entails Emergency Management. So things can get hectic when there's a storm in the gulf. But I love my job. My hubby and I have two long-haired Chihuahuas, one of which we inherited from his father when he passed away. We have a fish pond with way too many large koi, a pecan tree with a couple of squirrels which we feed daily.

I am also the proud grandmaw of a brandnew grandson, Ashton Kyle Jones. I'm trying to get the hang of this dang camera so that I can do justice to this beautiful little boy! Unfortunately, he lives way up in West Texas, so I don't get to see him as often as I'd like. (Which is daily) So I'm studying up on the flash and camera so I can take some good pics of him at the end of this month, when I go see him. Be prepared for some photos to be posted.

Nice to meetcha, y'all.

SueSee is offline   Reply With Quote