Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon dSLR

Old Aug 21, 2006, 12:29 AM   #11

As a soon to be DSLR owner I've been looking at the D200 and 30D, particularly since the L1 has fallen out of favor with me because of a couple of reviews. Now, I see Ken Rockwell says the D80 is essentially a D200 minus the 5 burst and another minor detail, to me. Here's the thing. Since I don't know anything about this post production stuff, and I may do it one of these days if forced to, will this D80 get me more than acceptable pictures straight out of the camera with JPEG without having to do some ''cleaning up the image'' magic?

As you can tell, I still shoot film although not much of that anymore. This is why I've been frequenting this website for a few months now gathering much needed information about these digital cameras. All I've ever owned is an SLR so I don't need to be directed to an advanced point-and-shoot type camera, even though I've read some about them too.

My camera equipment was top-of-the line wayyy back in 1982: CANON F1N, 5 fps motor drive, etc.,and ''it's still ticking.''

C'mon guys, talk to me about this ''out of the box'' stuff if any. I'm ignorant and I'm confessin.' :?
Andrew Waters is offline   Reply With Quote