Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon dSLR

Old Aug 26, 2006, 12:14 PM   #1

Hi all. I just purchased a Nikon D2H for $1,450 Cdn, used with only 7,500 shots/shutter releases/whatever.

I am looking for input from anyone who might still use this older camera. I picked it up as a replacement for my D70s. I shoot for newspapers and I am often in environments that are less than savoury. For example, next weekend I have to shoot a car smash up derby. I always feel I have to molly coddle my D70s as it's my camera, and if it breaks the cost of repairs or replacement comes out of my pocket. So durability was a major factor in influencing the purchase. The small file size is fine for newspapers. I don't have the D2H yet, but I am expecting the autofocus to be another bonus.

Are there still happy D2H users out there who are happy with the images they're getting. Is all the noise about image noise on the internet overhyped - is it at least comparable to the D70s? I understand the D2HS is even better for that, but it's still too far out of my financial range. Even the D200 costs more.

Any feedback, good or bad, would be much appreciated. I expect I'll hear "go for the D200" instead, but my co-worker uses one and he thinks the file sizes of the D2H would be just fine. Actually, he's had his D200 for less than half a year. The grip is already falling off (glue off the rubber), the control mode dials are sticky, and the viewfinder and sensor are full of dust and debris.

Thank you very much.
twmangrove is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 26, 2006, 7:11 PM   #2

Check Steves review of the D2H.
Ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote