Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon dSLR

Old Aug 27, 2006, 10:15 PM   #1

I'm looking to get my first DSLR and I'm wondering if anyone has experience with dust getting on the sensor. What has your experience been? How do you keep it clean?

doubleA is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 28, 2006, 8:54 AM   #2

Hi DoubleA,

Always "TURN THE CAMERA OFF" when changing the lens.

Always "keep front of camera pointed down" when changing the lens.

Don't change the lens on a windy dirt blowing aroundday. Just use some common sense.These are not much different in precautions you need to use with a film camera when opening the back to change film or changingthe lens.

You want to make sure the camera is turned off to avoid static electricity from the sensor to act like a dust magnet.

I always make sure the lens I'm putting onmy D200 does not have any dust on it. I don't take the cap off until I'm ready touse it. I then put the cap on the lens I just removed.

Ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28, 2006, 1:53 PM   #3

With my Nikon D100 I had lots of dush issues. It has become better with my D2X, but you will sooner or later get dust spots on your images. So you need some cleaning gear like Speckgrabber or another brand. It's really no problem unless you shoot lots and lots of photos in one session (and ..then ...discover the dust).

Dont let it stop you from entering the great world of DSLRs.
Klaus DK is offline   Reply With Quote