Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon Lenses

Old Oct 17, 2006, 6:28 PM   #1

i AM IN THE PROCESS OF BUYING a nikon D80 body only, i simply cant afford a versitaile nikon zoom 18mm-200mm, but just to get going i thought of going for a sigma 18/28mm-200mm zoom, i thought that most sigma lenes fit nikon, but you see sigma lens advertised, canon fit, nikon fit, etc, does a sigma lens, that sayscanot fit, does this also fit nikon. can any body help. many thanks , young01.... am a rookie DSLR!!!!.
youngy01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 6, 2006, 7:30 PM   #2

This post belongs in the Nikon forum, this forum is for Sigma DSLR. It's no big deal, but you'll get more specific answers in the Nikon forum.

The answer is that many Sigma lenses are available in quite a few mounts, Canon, Nikon, Pentax, Minolta/Sony, etc. None of these mounts are compatible with the others (though some like Fuji and Sony use other manufacturers AF lens mounts). You need to buy lenses made specifically for your Nikon AF mount. Most of Sigmas lenses are available (certainly all recent lenses) for the Nikon mount. So the answer is yes, you can buy a Sigma branded lens, just make sure it has the Nikon mount.
Mercury694 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2006, 3:10 PM   #3

Noved to the Nikon Lenses Forum.

Jim C.

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote