Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon Lenses

Old Oct 27, 2006, 12:50 PM   #1

Hi all,I am looking for any feedback regarding* the Nikon 17-35mm. I own and use the Sigma 15-30mm, which I love for it's wide angle, its relatively good sharpness, and particulary, it's very close focusing ability (down to 11 inches I've read, which seems about right).* While I quite like this lens (good bang for the buck), that bulbous front lens can be a worry, especially when shooting in wet conditions. It's easier to wipe off a filter.I've read the 17-35mm also has a close focus, closer than the 17-55, and allows the photographer to get right into the subject's face if desired. I have know way of seeing this for myself as I have no way to access the lens. So I am hoping someone who does own it, or has owned it, might be able to comment on this.*Note, this lens would be for use on a D2H. I don't know if that makes a difference or not.* (Note: I am not looking for a macro lens).*Thank you all for any input you can share.TWM
twmangrove is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links