Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon Lenses

Old Nov 18, 2006, 11:20 AM   #1

As the description says, iam quite happy with choice i made. Just nothing else seemed right. I also am praying for a lond and happy relationship together. But i do have a question, what is the next lens i should get, the one iam getting now is 18-55. thanks,

miniman101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 19, 2006, 9:23 PM   #2

Welcome to the forum. What lens to buy is always a good question, and really depends on several factors. What is your budget for a lens, what is your photographic range of subjects, low light shooting or daylight shooting, portraits, wildlife(birds), close-up.

I too bought the D50, back in April of this year, along with the 18-55 kit lens. I also bought the Tamron 70-300 LD tele macro lens, which has been a surprisingly good lens, as long as the light is adequate.I shoot mostly outdoors in good light, events at the beach, when I go fishing ,etc. so I don't care about low light and noise, I don't use 'em:GHowever, those may be factors you would consider.

Many people like the 18=200mm lens for a walkaround do-all lens. Many have raved about the 50mm f1.4/1.8 lenses for low light shooting. The only consideration you would have on that lens is that , on a D50, it has the field of view of a 75mm lens, making it a tad long for most indoor shooting. Ideal for indoors would be a prime of about 24-35mm with a large(f2.0) max aperture, but they tend to be pricey.

However, I ramble, so I will go, hope I helped some...

Hawgwild is offline   Reply With Quote