Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon Lenses

Old Jan 4, 2008, 11:48 AM   #1

I have just bought a Nikon D200, my first DSLR. I have a Sigma 10-20 which I find great although not quite as sharp asI would like it to be, and an amazing 50mm 1.8, with a quite bad plastic feeling but giving really sharp pics.

Although I love this 50mm, I sometimes need to go beyond it and I hate changing lenses all the time. I already have one dust in my captor after only 2 weeks at the beach and I have been very cautious when I was changing the lenses.

AF is nice, but I realise that this is not my way of taking pics, I prefer to use the manual ring.

I found out that non-AF are quite cheap, so I could get a better lens for the same money.

Could you suggest any amazingly sharp all around lens, like 18-200, non AF? Budget still low, around 500 US dollars.

philgib is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 5, 2008, 7:06 AM   #2

I just bought a SIGMA 18-200mm lens for my D50 for exactly the same reason as you. It works great, the price is right (about $460 for non AF version) and the picturequality is excellent. I haven't taken the lens off since I got it.

BEECEE is offline   Reply With Quote