Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon Lenses

Old May 10, 2008, 3:40 PM   #1

I need help,

I bought Nikon D40X 6 months ago, I shot In Macro mode but It was notgood,

I bought a close up kit but was dissapointed again.

Doe's anyone can give me advice on buying a good, not expensive Macro len?

Thank you very much,

qpid34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 10, 2008, 4:21 PM   #2

I merged the multiple threads you started into one thread in our Nikon Lenses Forum.

What are you trying to take photos of (a flower is one thing, an insect is something else)?

If you need a 1:1 Macro lens (able to fill the frame with a subject the same size as the film or sensor), The Sigma 50mm f/2.8 EX DG Macro and 105mm f/2.8 EX DG Macro are popular choices, as is the Tamron SP 90mm f/2.8 Di Macro. But, none of those lenses would Autofocus on a D40x (since the D40, D40x and D60 require lenses with focus motors built in). So, you'd need to use manual focus with them.

If you want Autofocus with a D40x, you'll need a lens with a focus motor built in. Nikon does have some good macro lenses that would Autofocus with it. One you may want to look into is the Nikkor 60mm f/2.8 AF-S ED Micro. Another would be the Nikkor 105mm f/2.8G IF-ED AF-S VR Micro. Both of these are AF-S (Silent Wave Focusing) lenses and would Autofocus on a D40x.

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote