Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon Lenses

Old Jul 8, 2004, 3:15 PM   #11

I've been shooting with the Nikon 24-120 for several weeks now and so far I love it. Although I primarily bought it for landscape and travel I've done a wedding,bridal portraits, and a couple other portrait sessions with it and have gotten some great results, even at the shorter focal lengths. Nikon ED glass is never cheap, but I feel the price on this lens is very reasonable, especially considering the VR and Silent Wave technology included in it.This is my first VR lens and I am more inpressed than I thought I'd be. I've been able to take hand-held nighttime exposures at speeds as low as 1/6 and gotten tack-sharp results. The technology is impressive.

One thing I've noticedwhen shooting using an SB-800 flash unit for the portraiture/wedding work is that it seems to not alwaysbe as sharp as it should. Actually I'm not evensure if it's a sharpness issue or an artifact issue, but sometimes the shots just don't seem to be what they should be, especially on people's faces. However, I don't have much flash experience so maybe it's something I'm doing and not the lens or lens/flash/camera combination. Other shots come out perfect.
motownflash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20, 2004, 3:50 PM   #12

I 've had the nikor 24-120 vr for about 5 months now. I love it, and rarely take it off my D-100. Buy it- you won't regret it!
bgpro611 is offline   Reply With Quote