Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon Lenses

Old Feb 18, 2009, 12:39 AM   #11

JohnG wrote:
FalvinP wrote:
I've decided that I'm unwilling to compromise on the D90 body. I will have this camera for several years and I want the most I can reasonably afford, even if it means saving up for a while to get better glass. The movie mode on this camera means nothing to me, but having the slightly better cmos sensor does.

That's an interesting approach. I think if you speak to a number of experienced photographers they will suggest that plan is a bit backward. A quality lens can last you easily a decade and will impact the quality of your photos immediately. The compromises of the 18-200 will also impact every shot - albeit in a negative fashion. In the end, of course it is completely your choice how you proceed. But I would suggest you think about other lens options. The 18-200 will not only be poor for softball but for a number of other uses as well.
Or to put that another way, most people who willwant the "best"DSLR body NOW, may be tempted toreplace the camera body in 3 years time, and then in another three years time after that.... but if you buy GOOD glass, you will probably NEVER have to replace that!!!
dnas is offline   Reply With Quote