Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon Lenses

Old Feb 20, 2009, 7:42 PM   #1

I got a D-50 2 years ago and got the Quantaray 28-90 nondigital lens with a macro setting. I had bought the extended coverage on the kit. I took the lens back to the store because it was sticking in manual focus. The clerk offered me an 18-50 Quantaray lens made for digital without a macro setting. I brought that one home but got worried that I would not be happy without the macro and also with the smaller telephoto range.Ihave called the store back and they think they can get me a new lens in my original version. Now I'm confused about which lens I should have. I do have a long telephoto lens 70-300 Nikkor and a 50mm Nikkor that are fine. I would appreciate any help with my decision.
schulzcollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 21, 2009, 6:05 AM   #2

I would keep the 18-50 because it would be better indoors. I think the 28 would just not be wide enough. And you seem to have the longer end covered with the 70-300. But you have been using it what do you think? As for the "made for digital"that can mean anything from a DX lens to special this and that inside to make the light hit the sensor head on. I have one DX lens "made for digital" and I see no image quality difference from the ones made for film. So I wouldn't use that a decision point. I think you have to answer the "is 28 wide enough" first. The rest will be easy.
ReneB3 is offline   Reply With Quote