Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon Lenses

Old Jun 1, 2009, 1:44 AM   #1
Default HELP ME!!!! 50mm 1.8 problems!!!!

Ok, so I got the 50mm 1.8 lens for Christmas nearly 6 months ago. I really like this lense, but I just now realized that this lense is an autofocus lense. (Yes. I'm stupid.) Problem is, it isn't autofocusing!
I have a d80, and I think it should be compatible with this camera, right? I have read about people having trouble with the autofocus, but they would always have a different camera model than mine.
I don't know if I have some setting wrong with my camera or my lense. Now that I know it should be autofocusing, it's driving me crazy that it wont!!! While I think this lense is great, not having to manually focus for every picture would be wonderful.
Any suggestions as to what could be wrong?

**Nevermind! I kept searching around online and found someone's post who had the same probem. As simple as it sounds, if you don't hear a "click" when you put the lense on, you might run into focusing problems. Now it works just fine!

Last edited by ilovemycat27; Jun 1, 2009 at 2:06 AM.
ilovemycat27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 1, 2009, 3:09 AM   #2
Super Moderator

Hi ilovemycat27 and welcome to Steve's.

Glad that you were able to solve the problem. Do feel free to stick around here, share some of your work, learn and have fun with the rest of the members here. We are not the biggest most active forum but I still think we are one of the friendliest and it's a great place to talk about our hobby!!

Happy shooting,

Mark1616 is offline   Reply With Quote