Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon Lenses

Old Jun 9, 2009, 11:53 PM   #1
Default Need Zoom lens for Landscape and Portrait Work

Thanks for the links but I feel I am stuck with 18-200 mm lens. What I was asking about is to add a shorter length zoom that provides the sharpness that I don't get with the 18-200. I want to use the shorter length zoom lense for landscape and protrait work - but I want a sharp a lens as I can get. With the 1.5 factor on the lenses because I am using the nikon D300, I was thinking that something like a 16-80mm zoom is what I want now in a 2 or 2.8f range. Got any options?
rocketcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 10, 2009, 5:47 AM   #2

I've moved your last post from 18-200mm Lens - Which one? and started this new thread with it (since you're asking questions about different lenses compared to the 18-200mm options the original poster of the other thread was interested in).

Nobody makes a 16-80mm zoom as bright as you're asking about. You'd need to stick with something like a Nikkor 16-35mm f/2.8 or Tokina 16-50mm f/2.8 if you really want f/2.8 throughout the focal range (and you won't find f/2 in a zoom for Nikon models). Or, go with something starting a bit longer instead (for example, a Nikkor 17-55mm f/2.8 DX, Sigma 18-55mm f/2.8 DC, or Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8 Di II); or compromise on the requirement for a brighter available aperture if you want more range from wide to long.
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote