Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon Lenses

Old Jul 15, 2009, 9:09 PM   #11

Originally Posted by playa4real007 View Post
.... i was aiming at the Tokina at the first place, but i tried the sigma at the store as they didn't have the tokina yet "it should arrive within a couple of days and i'll give it a try.
If your store will have in a couple days I would jump on it as it won't last very long: This lens still remains quite hard to find since B&H and Adorama are still on back-ordered status:

At this time there's no other ultra-wide zoom with 9 blades diaphragm lens this fast or this sharp, especially for a D300!
NHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6, 2009, 5:39 PM   #12

I just bought the Tokina 11-16mm 2.8 and will post some shots with it soon.
playa4real007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12, 2009, 6:43 PM   #13

Here are a couple of pics from (KAUST) "king abdullah university of science and technology" in Jeddah Saudi Arabia.
Attached Images
playa4real007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19, 2009, 9:07 AM   #14

I have used the Tokina and I think it's a nice lens. It also makes nice sun 'stars' if the sun will be in the picture. Now, I do not own it. I am however looking to get one. Kind of in the same boats as you. I can't justify the price of the Nikon to have the Nikon name. The Sigma is next on the list to try. I don't think using it in a store will be that good a test however. You need to walk around a beach or garden in full sunlight.

Now this may seem like a commercial, but I promise I have no affiliation with the company i am about to mention. I have rented lenses from them multiple times and not only is the service amazing, but the prices are as well. I would rent any lens that you are looking to buy here first. I had a great time with the Tokina while I was on a cruise and a Sigma 50-500 at an air show, as well as the first part of the week while I got used to it.

I wish there was an affiliate program, for renting lenses this place is great.
anm8ed is offline   Reply With Quote