Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon Lenses

Old Feb 23, 2011, 3:46 PM   #1
Default 70-300 tamron v. 28-300 sigma or other suggestions

OK my birthday is coming up, I have the 18-105mm lens, and the 50mm prime. I have interest in getting a 35 mm prime, but I think this round I am wanting to get a macro lens, as I really miss the ability to get those close ups of new borns and such. I also like the idea of getting something with a longer zoom as we are heading into baseball season and my nephews will both be playing.

I am on a budget probably 300 or less and have my eye on these two lenses as having potential.

even on my budget I don't want to pour 150-250 dollars into a lens that is not going to be a good investment. So, if either of these lenses are a bad idea I want to know, or if there are other options I should be aware of and explore that might better suite my needs. As stated above, I only have 2 lenses so there are lots of different roads I could go down as I try to grow my collection.
las7828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 5, 2011, 1:39 PM   #2

Tamron 70-300mm 4.5-5.6 Di LD Marcro 1:2 is by far the best for the money. Including macro 1:2. I have the non-motorized version and like the reach and how light it is as well. In good light the images are very good. You have a good start with your first two lenses. Keep in mind this is not a VC or VR lens so keeping the shutter speed up on longer reach is a good practice to keep images sharp.
vIZnquest is offline   Reply With Quote