Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon Lenses

Old Apr 22, 2014, 3:14 PM   #11

Originally Posted by camalot View Post
Deadshot, do you have a flickr page? I went into your Steve's profile but didn't see a link to images aside from just one of the doves in the backyard. (garden??) Would love to see your photos!
No I'm sorry to say I have not got a flicker account but if you go to my profile look at posts by me and go to page three, right at the bottom "Out looking at DSLRs today" on there I have posted a couple of shots I took in very bad light. The first ones I had my in camera sharpening set to 0 I then post sharpened them but still they dont look as good as when I look at my originals.
I usually have my in camera sharpness set to 7 or 8 . I know in theory you cant sharpen a soft focused image but I definitely get a razor sharp photo on 7 or 8 with out the need for post sharpening. For some reason I never manage to be able to post a decent photo here.
The one with the dove and sparrow hawk you refer to, was also shot in poor light as well as through a double glazed door.
D5100 +18-200mVR Nikkor lens.
SB400 Flash, ML-L3 Remote.
SB 700 Flash
Holster + Shoulder Bag.
Beike carbon 4 section tripod/monopod
Gorillapod SLR Zoom + BH1 ball head
Panasonic FZ1000
Panasonic FZ200
Nissin D i40 Flash
+ SLR Gorillapod
deadshot is offline   Reply With Quote