Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon Lenses

Old Jul 27, 2014, 1:29 PM   #1

Location: Hebron, Kentucky (northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati):KCVG
Default Tamron 150-600mm

Anyone have any news on when the Tamron 150-600mm will be available. From what I hear it is a decent lens for the price (especially compared to the new Nikon 80-400mm). However, it has been on back order for what seems like 6 months+.
Wingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 31, 2014, 7:21 PM   #2

Default No idea if this is accurate but...

I ordered the Nikon version of this lens from a local brick and mortar store last Friday. I called Tuesday to see if they had any idea when I might see it and they told me (from what they were told by the distributor) beginning of next week. It could of course be wrong but one can hope. I also read something (again could be false) that a Tamron rep told someone at a teaching event that they should place the order with a B&M store for quicker delivery than an online store. I ordered mine from my local store because they give me great pricing and service so I support them.
mkaplan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5, 2014, 10:36 PM   #3

Kristopher Rowe received his lens a few months ago and the results are amazing.

He state the lensed is sharp and the AF very responsive, you can check dome of his pictures here with the D600/D7100/D300

https://www.flickr.com/photos/coasta...7644820182203/

But he thinks the Sigma 120-300mm + TC's offer a better IQ than the Tamron.
MarceloLI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6, 2014, 12:41 PM   #4

Thanks Marcelo. The reviews are mostly favorable on this lens and the price point makes it very affordable.

However, it remains back-ordered on Amazon, Adorama and B&H as of today. No information on the delay nor expected arrival dates to be found anywhere...not even on Tamron's website. I sent them an inquiry as to the status...will advise if I get a response.
Old Aug 7, 2014, 7:56 PM   #5

Got the following email back fro Tamron re. my inquiry about availability:

Thank you for contacting Tamron. I apologize for the wait on the 150-600mm. Due to its popularity we have a shortage in our market and are working diligently to fulfill all orders. We are shipping lenses to our dealers but realize that many customers are still waiting for their lenses.

Lenses get shipped as we receive them but unfortunately we do not have information on when we will be shipping to specific dealers. You may want to try multiple dealers from our site: http://www.tamron-usa.com/dealers.php

I apologize for the inconvenience this has caused.

Kind regards,

Customer Service Supervisor
Tamron USA, INC
10 Austin Blvd
Commack, NY 11725
Old Aug 18, 2014, 7:08 AM   #6

Hi all,

Marcelo, thanks for posting the link to Mr. Rowe's flicker site. Surprising that he believes a Sigma 120-300 with TC's outperforms the Tamron.
The images he has posted, taken with the Tammy lens are pretty amazing.

My only experience with the Tamron 150-600mm lens is handling one that a friend bought back in May. She brought it along on a photoshoot to take photographs of a sailboat race. The results she got were, impressive.
Zig

So you want to be a better photographer? Open your eyes and take a look at what is all around you.
zig-123 is offline   Reply With Quote