Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon Lenses

Old Apr 7, 2004, 10:23 PM   #1
Default I finnally get IT

I bought the Nikon 12-24 DX lens the first of the year based on the outstanding feedback it was recieving from the underwater photograghers who had tried it. It was disappointingly not the amazing lens I had been expecting. It was soft and fuzzy
(OK for teddy bears but not lenses).
I returned it to Nikon's service center and promptly recieved a service order for "major" warranty repairs. The package arrived just today, not with a repaired lens, but a brand new replacement. Put it on the camera and took a few test shots, I finally understand why everyone is so happy with this lens.

Thank You Nikon,

Gerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 8, 2004, 3:49 AM   #2

As someone looking to drop a few thousand dollars into nikon's pocket in the next few weeks.. stories like this are always resassuring.
PlatinumWeaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8, 2004, 12:08 PM   #3

i am with PlatinumWeaver on this,
i just ordered a nikon 80-200 f/2.8 for $1000 in change
it is great to hear good stories like this
thanks, gerb

bradg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8, 2004, 5:30 PM   #4

I have another good story as well. I had accidentally broken the focus distance window on my 28-70 but patched it up myself with a clear vinyl strip. At a later date I requested a regular clean/check procedure at Nikon in Melville, and when I picked it up the window was fixed! I didn't even ask Nikon to fix it as I was sure the warranty would not cover the type of abuse the lens received. Kudos to Nikon too!
marokero is offline   Reply With Quote