Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon Lenses

Old Dec 5, 2004, 12:34 PM   #11

Hi,Jim......nice to have someone just to chat with.........my ex-brother-in-law owns a dental lab in Savannah.......have been there on numerous occasions....beautiful city!

I live about 16 miles south of Daytona Beach, in New Smyrna Beach...retired here to by near my 86 year old parents(still going strong).

Not much culture here(32 years in Orlando), but does have ocean and requisite beach. Recently,I've thought about moving to Ft. Lauderdale where my daughter and son-in-law live. But will stay here for now. Currently, I am dating a local lady, but can't determine where it will go.......was married for 26 years(divorced for 10?), so playing it by ear.....only hope I don't lose my hearing! Have found working women to be extremely independent.....old married men whose wife didn't work have trouble understanding!

30 years ago I photographed a great deal......Hasselblad w/ darkroom......great fun and lots of latitude for creativity......while I haven't done it yet, I'm certain I could do similar work as darkroom with some sovtware program on the computer.....Never tried!

I also have a Mustek DV4000 Mpeg4(less than $100 and takes still and movies)......smaller than a pack of cigarettes with photo results as you would expect......great conversation piece, though.

We decorated the tree at my house last night, her house tonight. She spends Sunday with her 86 year old mother(who went to school with my mother here in New Smyrna Beach!) I biked to the beach because I was bored....only 3 miles.

I got hurt after hurricane Charley when a fence fell on me that I was trying to upright.......landed on myankle and 5 weeks later a clot formed behind my knee.....now 7 weeks later.........I walked 27 miles last week......prognosis is good, so far!

Well, I hope your having fun today.........this is what my daughter(38 )says to me each time she calls...........Rollie

lions201 is offline   Reply With Quote