Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon Lenses

Old Mar 13, 2005, 3:09 PM   #1

Like a lot of folks, I suppose, I am caught in budget restraints, which, although I sprang for the D-70 and have no regrets whatsoever, I am finding that Nikon lenses are a little out of reach. I have pretty well settled on one of two lenses. Either the Sigma APO Macro 150 f2.8 or the 180mm f3.5. Both lenses will give me telephoto and macro capability. Would anyone have a link that that I can do a bit more research with, particularly on the 180mm? I have been to Fred Miranda's site. Any comments on either lens, no matter how subjective would be helpful. At the risk of asking too many questions in one post, are there any significant quality differences between Tamron and Sigma? I see that Tamron also have a 180mm lens in the same dollar and quality range.

Thanks, Erik
Erik Graham is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 14, 2005, 7:36 AM   #2

If it helps: A bad macro lens just doesn't exist :idea:

FYI - for the 180mm macro

The 150mm is just 'too' new hence not much review, but the only complain so far is the limited minimum aperture on this lens... with the 1.5x crop you might look @ the 105mm (albeit without the ultrasonic silent drive) which is even more affordable: http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...76&forum_id=65

NHL is offline   Reply With Quote