Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon Lenses

Old Apr 30, 2005, 7:13 PM   #1

I just purchased a Nikon D70. I purchased the kit, so I have the 18-70 lense. But I'm wanting to get something with more zoom. I was looking online today and seen that the AF Zoom-Nikkor 70-300mm f/4-5.6G is only $100. I'm very new to this, so I really don't know much about lenses. But I cannot understand why this lense would be so cheap, is it missing something I really need? Is this a good lense to have, or is it something I really shouldn't waste my money on. I notice that the ED version of the lense is around $300, will the quality be a lot better on that lense that it is worth the money?

The camera store I went to told me that Tamron has a 300mm zoom lense that is also a macro lense. I don't know the model number of this lense or anything. But does Nikkor make any lense like this? I'd really like to get a micro lense and a zoom, so it would be great to be able to get them both in one.

Thanks so much,

Snick :|

snicker_bar4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 23, 2005, 1:19 PM   #2

Basically it comes down to this. The Nikkor 60mm Micro 2.8 D is the best lens I ever owned. Sharpest, Clearest pictures any camera can achieve. My d70 outperforms my 5000 dollar Canon with that lens. Get it.

tightbluffer is offline   Reply With Quote