Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon Lenses

Old May 7, 2005, 7:39 PM   #1

Hi, I have recently purchased the D70 and kit lens. I would like help to pick a good lens for taking shots of cars at Nascar races and other auto races. Something like a 70 to 300 or ?? suggestions. Is the Sigma 70 to 300 APO a good lens for this. Will it be fast enough. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

mcanary is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 25, 2005, 10:47 AM   #2

First of all I guess you have your settings set at default for this room, because for me it is impossible to read your post with yellow on white unless I highlight it. Anyway, I am a motor racing photographer, as my address indicates, and for motor racing you need good lenses if you want good results. Quick lenses are what is needed, so the normal F4.5/5.6 are OK but you won't see brilliant results unless you go higher up the range. For my purposes I use the 70/200 F2.8 VRIFED with a teleconverter and now the new 400/600 F4 Nikon the cost of which broke the bank but is necessary. Perhaps you could post your budget and I'll try and give some advice based on that?
cameranserai is offline   Reply With Quote