Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon Lenses

Old Oct 10, 2005, 10:57 AM   #1

I have heard very little about the Sigma 30mm 1.4 lens. I was wondering if any forum members have used one in the real world of taking pictures. It sounds like a great lens but the advertising always pumps up their own products. It would be nice to hear from someone that owns one and can give a real account of it to us.

Ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 14, 2005, 6:18 PM   #2

I don't own this lense, but you piqued my interest.I did some digging and found this very informative and frank review:

GWHayduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2005, 11:35 AM   #3

I have it for my Rebel XT and LOVE it. It truly is a great lens for a crop factor DSLR. It is alittle soft wide open, as most lens are, but is sharp at f/2 on up. AF is very fast and quiet and it feels very solid. Full time manual focus is nice as well.

Considering Nikon doesn't make a lens like this either, it's definately the best alternative for a "normal" lens on a DLSR. Definately better than the 35mm f/2 offering fromNikon (although there is a $40 rebate offer on it right now). $386.59 is not a bad price to pay delivered to your door either for a f/1.4.

My opinion...every crop factor DSLR owner should have one! It's on my camera about 70% of the time and almost 100% of the time when indoors.
SlapNTickleJr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13, 2007, 5:30 AM   #4

awesome, thanks for the replies guys...

anyone wish to post some pics taken with the sigma?
snakeman is offline   Reply With Quote