Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon Lenses

Old Mar 27, 2003, 9:00 AM   #1
Default Best prices on Nikon lens

Greetings all,
I did a search but didn't come up with any good info so here goes:
I'm in the market for a Nikon 80-200/2.8 ED AFD Lens. Since I'm such a cheapskate, I'm looking for dealers who might have deep discounts on this lens. Any feedback out there?j
Thanks for your time.
Hiking Girl
hiking girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 28, 2003, 12:43 AM   #2

So you want to buy something good for less? Wouldn't we all!

My only thoughts are these:

1) www.keh.com. They sell used stuff, but they are very up front about it. They describe it fairly well. the problem is that their prices aren't that much lower than new for the "almost new" stuff. But if you can deal with a few dings and scratches (the optics must still be good, that is a given) then you can save some money.

2) Since the VR version in that range came out, people have been dumping their old lenses on ebay. I'd try there. You take your chances there, especially with the new scam of using someone elses account and pretending to sell something from it (i.e. scamming you.) I've seen some posts on it on dpreview... tricky stuff. Now you can't even depend on good seller's ratings.

If you find out anything else, please tell us. Good lenses cheap is a dream come true.

Also watch for Nikon discounts. They aren't always much, but they help.
eric s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2006, 10:35 PM   #3

keh is nuts on their used stuff. my policy on buying used is 30 % or less off of new price, is the price i will pay if i cant get it for that i buy new.

expect to pay pay for whay u want 400 to $700 used or go with a sigm 300 to $500 used.

just remember paitence is for poor people.
magsigns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 6, 2006, 11:46 AM   #4

Might want to take a look at tokina. I own the tokina at-x (first generation) 80-200 f/2.8 and got it off ebay for $380. Wonderful lens highly recomend tokina lens have 2 of them extremly pleased
cresspics is offline   Reply With Quote