Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon Lenses

Old Jun 2, 2006, 7:06 AM   #1

I plan on buying an 18-200 zoom lens for my new d50. I am still trying to decide between the tamron and sigma, but I can't seem to find either locally, shopping in Maine tends to be sort of hit or miss. I was hoping for some recommendations for online stores that you all have used. Price is important, but it is a big investment and I want to make sure I am dealing with a reliable company.
Moosetache is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 2, 2006, 8:24 AM   #2

i got my Sigma 18-200mm at www.sigma4less.com
I picked it up with a 7year Mack warranty cheaper than pretty much all the other places I was looking
Quikster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 2, 2006, 11:57 PM   #3

I also have used Sigma4less. I bought both a 100-300mm Zoom and my 150mm f/2.8 Macro from them. No worries. Good prices on both.
smac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 3, 2006, 7:46 AM   #4

www.KEH.com. Good prices, great service, conservative grading.
rjseeney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7, 2006, 5:33 PM   #5

I bought my Nikon 80-200 F2.8 from Buydig.com. Good prices and pretty fast shipping. They are Nikon authorized asI got a $100.00 rebate on the lens from Nikon.
afterburner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8, 2006, 9:57 PM   #6

I got my sigma 18-200 from Prestige Camera.*http://www.prestigecamera.com/I have no affiliations with them whatsoever. The camera was delivered 2 days after ordering. Pretty good if you ask me.The item was clearly new, and never repackaged.* I had read a few negative things about prestige, but since they are only about 20 min by car from me, I figured I cannot go wrong. Unfortunately, they are a mail order only company (which explains their lower prices) so I had them ship the item.* Overall for $279 + shipping ($15), it's not bad at all.
Wowzer is offline   Reply With Quote