Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon Lenses

Old Jun 9, 2006, 10:57 AM   #1

I have just bought a Nikon D50 kit (with the 18 - 55 lens) and would like to have a telephoto lens to go with it. I am torn between the above (or the more I read even a 70 - 300).
My thinking is that I can stick the 28 - 200 on and leave it for most of the time and then when I need it, drop back to the kit lens. If i go for the 55 - 200 I am worried that I will be swapping more and so suffer form more risk of dust.
Of course I would love the 18 - 200 and be done wit hit but can't really justify it at the moment!
Twizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 9, 2006, 5:41 PM   #2

dont worry about dust, dust happens, dust can be cleaned. A wrong lens choice cant so easily be fixed
billybobbovine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9, 2006, 7:28 PM   #3

I'd skip the 28-200. Have you considered the Tamron or Sigma 18-200mm? Some here had good experience with it.

If you're in the US and you decide to go with 55-200, it's currently on sale in adorama for $160:

Good Luck!
rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2006, 2:53 PM   #4

Thank you Rey,

Just ordered the Nikon 55-200 lens from Adorama. That was the best price I had seen anywhere. Sure do appreciate the info.

divertwo is offline   Reply With Quote