Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon Lenses

Old Sep 1, 2006, 10:44 AM   #11

Does anyone know a link to a review of that lense? I read one in a german photomag. They tested it on the D200 and were not overwhelmed.

Ok I found a review here: http://www.bythom.com/18200lens.htm

I'm a die hard Canon fan actually but the more I read the more I'm convinced that Nikon is ahead at the moment. IF you want the features. The alternate calculation in my case as a customer on a short budget would have been the 20D with a 28-135 IS zoom lense to start with, but I'd definitely want the 70-200mm 4.0 IS L with a 2x extender later. Shame that you can't use an extender on the 18-200 Nikon lense but understandable. This is something to consider anyway.

pixelwhore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2006, 1:48 AM   #12

Moderator Note:

Multiple for sale posts in this thread have been removed.

We do not allow wanted and for sale posts in our forums.

This rule is in the confirmation e-mail that all members receive and agree to when joining.

We do not not want the forums turning into a big flea market for buying and selling gear. It's too hard to police. We'd have scammers posting, companies pretending to be individuals, etc. It's hard enough keeping the spammers out now.

So, we don't allow members to conduct business in our forums.

Thanks for understanding.

Jim C.

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote