Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon Lenses

Old Aug 26, 2006, 1:49 PM   #1

I need one right away .* Going to see my son who is new Cadet at US Air Force academy.* I ordered one from amazon when they said the had in stock in early July now the say will not be in stock until October.* *Is there any available at retail?* Anyone have one they want to sell?* I checked on ebay but they are going for over 1,000* Thanks for your help*
10smom is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 28, 2006, 1:55 PM   #2

Hi 10smom,

You may as well get one from E-Bay for the $1000.00 because at Best-Buy and the camera stores aroundhere they want $899.00 plus tax.

Just make certain they do not overcharge on the shipping and be sure they have a good rating.

I see one now for $979.00 plus $19.95 shipping, Another for $1,015 and $15.00 shipping. These are "buy it now items.

Lots of Luck,

Ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28, 2006, 10:13 PM   #3

ebay really is the only place to get it at the moment. Most retail stores are backordered on this lens.

Some of the ones sold on ebay are for the international version of the lens, so if oyu don't care too much about having a U.S. warranty, this is an option.
Webapprentice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2006, 5:08 PM   #4

I just bought one yesteday from circuitcity.com. I checked on monday and it was sold out but signed up for email notification. I got an email yesterday and ordered it and it arrived today. I paid $7 for 3 day shipping at it arrived today! It's $899 but I would rather pay that then $1K plus on EBAY. Jae
nobueno is offline   Reply With Quote