Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Nikon

Old Sep 11, 2006, 9:42 PM   #1

My wife came home with a P4, case and memory card for me 3 days ago. I guess my constant hints paid off. I wanted a tiny camera to take when I don't feel like lugging my bigger Coolpix 8800. I'd been looking at the Canon Digital Elph, but two store clerks told my wife the P4 was better and it was on sale for considerably less.

I'm quite impressed with the picture quality. I had to set the contrast and saturation higher as my first shots looked flat, but now they are quite good. The 8MP allows a lot of enlarging. It writes to the memory card much faster than the 8800. The controls are simple , but I'll probably leave it on Auto as it seems to handle most things well. Close ups are quite spectacular, even in low light. It has a large LCD screen, but no viewfinder. I can't see much in the LCD in bright daylight and use it as a rough aiming device. That isn't a good point, but my pictures seem quite good despite it. It's a solid little camera with an aluminum body...a bit heavier than I expected. It does fit in a shirt pocket easily. I'm happy to have a small camera with vibration control and 8MP and must say my first practice shots have been good. For $339 Canadian with a 2 year Nikon Canada warranty, it's a steal !

Attached Images
The Scubbler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links