Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Nikon

Old Jun 21, 2003, 10:18 AM   #1
Default Nikon 4 Year Extended Service Coverage Issue

I sent this message to Nikon for clarification.

To Whom It May Concern:

I am attempting to apply for the extended service protection coverage that was included with the purchase of a Nikkor 50mm f/1.4D Af lens. I purchased the lens from B&H photo via the Internet on June 13, 2003. After B&H processed my order, the lens arrived on time a few days ago. I registered this product online, began to fill out the mail-in warranty card, and noticed that I have 10 days to complete and return it or the ESC is not honored. This can pose a problem for orders placed over the Internet. The online companies need time to process the order, shipping can take up to 10 days to deliver and if you are using the purchase date as the starting point for which to qualify for this ESC, many customers may not be able to qualify in time. Why would you make it so difficult for your customers to take advantage of this offer? Please let me know.

Raymond Mastroianni
xmarcelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 21, 2003, 10:37 AM   #2

send it in you will not have any issues. you have a receipt and the warranty info sheet. they will honor it if a problem occurs.

anytime you send a product in unless it has a lifetime warranty you will be requested to send a copy of the receipt and possibly a copy of the warranty for proof of purchase anyway. either way your covered. these companties don't balk on their warranties.

sjms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2003, 10:49 AM   #3

Thank you for the immediate feedback. I keep all of my receipts and warranty information, so I am glad to hear that Nikon will honor this warranty.
xmarcelo is offline   Reply With Quote