Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Nikon

Old Feb 25, 2007, 8:09 PM   #1

Decided to purchase an S10 back in October. In about a month it devoloped what looked like a hot spot on the sensor. In the same position in all photos was a small white square. I took it back and was given a new camera. The new camera is starting to develop the same problem. The hot spot is intermittent, like it was the first time, but it is always in the same location when I see it. Seeing how the first camera eventually developed a permanent problem, I am anticipating the same with number two. The location of the spots was different in both cameras.

Am I the only person who has experienced this? I do not wish to take number two back if this is a larger sensor problem with a batch of cameras. The spot is bad enough that you can actually see it on the camera monitor, it is really obvious in PhotoShop at 100% magnification. I did not find any mention of this when I searched the site.

I have had about a dozen digital cameras over the last 6 years, and I have never seen this type of issue before.

4n6 photo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 26, 2007, 10:54 PM   #2

Anybody can get a batch of bad Sony imagers, even Nikon. However it is not the norm but it does happen, try getting it from another vendor and keep track of the camera serial numbers.
steve is offline   Reply With Quote