Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Nikon

Old Jul 28, 2007, 9:11 PM   #1

Hi my names Scott. I'm 21 and this coming weekend I'm going to pick up my first SLR camera! I've been saving for so long and I can't wait to start, and get on the SLR train! I was going to go with the Rebel XTI, I looked at it saw tons of pictures with it, even got a chance to hold it. I hate to say it but I was a little disappointed in the grip 0_o. But it might just be cuz I have bigger hands. Over all I loved the camera but I decided to save up a little bit more and go with the Nikon D80. It feels great and I think over all it's the right camera for me. But I still need some help deciding on what lens I should go with. Any suggestions would be great.

I was reading in some of the new topics in the Nikon section of the forums and I noticed that someone has this set up. The D80 with the 18-135mm kit and the 70-300VR. I've got a chance to see the 18-135MM lens and I love it, but what is the 70-300 VR? I've never even herd of it.

Anyway thanks for reading my little wall of text and I cant wait to start taking pictures.

3dscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 28, 2007, 9:25 PM   #2

Nikon AF-S ZOOM NIKKOR G VR 70-300 F4.5-5.6G IF ED

VR = Vibration Reduction.

The VRII minimizes camera shake by offering the equivalent of a shutter speed 4 stops* faster. Normal and Active modes are available. It means you can hand hold the lens and camera and use a shutter speed of 1/30 or 1/60 second instead of the recommended 1/500 second. Very useful!

Bob Nichol is offline   Reply With Quote