Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Nikon

Old Aug 28, 2003, 8:45 PM   #1
Default dark pixel or spot on far right side of image

I have a new d100. Today I photographed a outdoor scene with a bright blue sky. I noticed a dark pixel or dark spot on far right side of image. I cleaned optics, changed lenses, re photographed a new image and still there. Is this a normal defect in nikon chips or do i have a lemon? when i zoom image using the enter (magnifying glass) button the spot is cropped out, is the crop 100% or in normal playback is that 100% view?
Thanks any input is appreciated.
jo1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 29, 2003, 2:40 AM   #2

Is it a sharp spot (made up of 4 or so pixels) or is it a smoother one, with a darker center gradualy fading towards the borders? It's most likely the later, then you may have a spec of dust in your sensor. It's nothing to lose your hair about, if it's really annoying, you can try taking it to a camera store which can safely clean sensors from DSLR's, or send it to Nikon or an authorized dealer for cleaning. You'll have to live with this periodic cleaning, as it's a fact of life in the ownership of a DSLR. Changing lenses increase the chance that dust will get in, but if you point the camera downwards when changing lenses, then chances are much smaller that dust will fall inside while changing lenses. Do not attempt to do it yourself unless you are confident you won't do damage to the AA filter or the sensor, since it would be the kind of damage not usually covered by warranty.
marokero is offline   Reply With Quote