Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Nikon

Old Sep 15, 2003, 6:21 PM   #1
Default Will I ever find another camera like my Coolpix 800?

Hi everyone, I'm new to this board and have found a wealth of information. What a great site.

3 years ago I bought my first digital camera, a Coolpix 800. I love this camera, still do. I but I'm wanting something a little smaller and would like something I can take snorkeling other than the disposable single use 35mm's. So at Christmas I bought a Cannon S230. Nice size, 3mp, optional underwater housing. I used it for about 5 days and found the pictures to be grainy dark or out of focus most of the time. I returned and continued using my CP800. Last week I decided to try again, but stick with Nikon, so I bought a Coolpix 3100. I love the size, but again I'm finding the pictures to be grainy and lacking in detail. My 2mp Coolpix takes clearer, more detailed pictures than the 3100.

I'm hoping that maybe I haven't learned the in's and outs of the camera yet. But already I don't like that I can't control the shutter speed like I could with the 800.

Anyone have suggestions on a good camera. This is my wish list:

3+ megapixels
AA batteries
Compact Flash

Am I just dreaming? I know I paid more than that for the 800, but 2 MP was almost top of the line at that time. I dont' need top of the line this time, but quality is important.

BeckyMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 16, 2003, 4:54 PM   #2
Default Mmmmmmmmmm.................

Yes, I think you are dreaming for $ 300 - 400..........
I can only think about Canon or Nikon Cameras but they are more expensive than you think....

But, I prefer to wait and put littlebit more money and buy a good one..........

Hey what about a Minolta S414..........

Good luck..................
The Conqueror is offline   Reply With Quote