Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Nikon

Old Jul 26, 2002, 8:19 PM   #1
Default N5700 Focus Problem

I've got a question for you guys who already own the 5700. I stopped into my local Photolab/store and to my surprise, they had a 5700! I immediately grabbed it up and started my first-hand evaluation in the 5 minutes I had before getting a table at the local eatery next door.

Now, here's the question: When attempting to focus on my son in a well-lit store, it was completely unable to. The clerk, who only had one day's experience with the camera, told me that I was zoomed in too far. Zooming out gave me intermittent success, but not all I would have wanted from a $1200 camera! Has anyone else had similar problems? I had pretty much decided on the 5700, but now I have major second thoughts. When people (and reviews) talked of focus problems in low light, I thought you meant "low light." I don't consider a well-lit store -- at any zoom -- low lighting.

Please share your experiences!

sjcov is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 29, 2002, 3:45 AM   #2

Yes You're right CP 5700 has problems with AF especially if one focus at objects which are quite dark. It makes me nervous when I'd like to focus in the evening in room with little light. I've heard that it has also focusing problems at full sunligth (still when object is dark) - but I haven't experienced such problems.

Beside it it's really great camera and I haven't got any other problems with it ;-))))
bbrylins is offline   Reply With Quote