Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Nikon

Old Oct 19, 2003, 6:48 AM   #1
Default more cards vs storage bank

I have recently purchased a CP 5700 which was bundled with a 128 MB card. I am wondering wether to buy a second card or a staorage banking device for going on trips without having to bring my lap top pc.
I would appreciate any tips or advice.
barnum is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 19, 2003, 9:08 AM   #2

My advice is this (Note, I have not followed it yet):

Have two cards. Don't have any more. After that, buy some form of hard disk image storage (laptop, portible hard disk device like am Image Tank or X-Drive.) When one card fills up, start downloading it to the device. While it's doing that, put in the other card and keep taking pictures.

Now, this mode of working isn't great 'cause download isn't something you can always do unattended. But in theory (with a fash startup device like an Image Tank) it should keep you taking pictures as much as possible, instead of wasting time fiddeling with the download.

eric s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2003, 12:43 PM   #3

I suggest to buy 1 or 2 bigger one (like 256M above), and copy to hard disk in one time after the memory card is full, and erase it all -- don't delete the picture on camara one by one. BY using 256M with 3X2 and noraml quality, it can takes about 233 pictures, that's enough for me. Hoping it helpful.
roycehua is offline   Reply With Quote