Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Nikon

Old Jul 22, 2009, 6:46 PM   #1
Default nikon p80 help

just bought a p80 as i need a smaller carry around camera as the canon xsi is just inconvenient at times and i tend to miss a lot of shots as i have to change lenses
really love the 18x zoom feature
but i don't know if i want to keep it as i went over budget to get it
can some one who owns and shoots with a p80 let me know if it is a good carry around camera
also how does it do in low light
i hate the fact that when you turn the camera on the lens extends and knocks off the lens cap
is it any good at recording video
so far i took it camping and the scenic shots were quite good but the available light was pretty good too so it had no issues
thanks in advance for any comments
deterpawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 23, 2009, 12:58 PM   #2

I've got a P80 and so far I really like it. Most of what I've taken has been outside so I'm no expert on the low light capabilities but I've been happy with my indoor shots as well. In regards to the lens cap issue, I just try to remember to take the cap off before I turn the camera on. My wife and I will be driving from Alberta to Ontario via Minnesota and Ohio in the next two weeks so I should be much more knowledgeable after that. At the present time I think that its a good camera for the size and price and I'm happy that I bought it.
Breb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9, 2009, 10:01 AM   #3

I have the P-80 and it does well outside, but low light level shots are certainly not its forte. I use my DSLR, and the P-80 collects dust.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote