Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Nikon

Old Oct 29, 2009, 3:10 PM   #1
Default Nikon Coolpix P5100 Command Dial

The user manual is not at all clear about how to use the Command Dial feature on the Coolpix P5100. In spite of it being claimed to be a very useful feature the details in the user manual on how it works are very vague. Apparently it works in conjunction with the Fn button.
I would be most grateful if someone could pl provide some detailed instructions on how to use this dial.
I note that the P5100 has not been reviewed by Steve although there is a review on the P5000 which is somewhat similar.
Thanks very much
Agean is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 29, 2009, 3:44 PM   #2

We have not used that model, however if it functions the same as the P5000, you can use the dial to quickly navigate the menus as well as control the shutter speed and/or aperture values in Aperture priority, Shutter speed priority, and Manual exposure modes.

You simply rotate the Mode dial to the either the A, S or M position, and then rotate the command dial to adjust the shutter and/or aperture values, depending on which exposure program you are using.

Hope this helps. I'm going to move this thread to the Nikon forum. You might get some more user input there from other P5100 owners.
billy is offline   Reply With Quote